The Yoga Social, in collaboration with Tonic Yoga (Perth) present:
200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Your path to becoming an internationally certified and qualified yoga teacher
Our courses are Yoga Alliance accredited. Students who successfully complete the course will receive a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training certificate from The Yoga Social, which allows you to register with Yoga Alliance.
Dates for 2018 - Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays
- Feb 9th/10th/11th
- Feb 16th/17th/18th
- Feb 23rd/24th/25th
- March 9th/10th/11th
- March 16th/17th/18th
- March 23rd/24th/25th
- April 27th/28th/29th
- May 4th/5th/6th
Friday 6pm - 8.30pm
Saturday 10am - 8pm
Sunday 10am - 8pm
Ambika Chadwick - Lead Yoga Teacher Trainer
Check out Ambika and the team HERE
Please note that we'll have guest asana teachers throughout the course and will let you know who'll be teaching a little closer to the course date.
Early Bird - $3000 (this includes $200 deposit - please see below 'terms' for more details)
Full payment - $3500 (this includes $200 deposit - please see below 'terms' for more details)
What makes our Yoga Teacher Trainings different to the rest? Check it out HERE
What we will unpack in our yoga teacher training
Techniques and training
learn to skilfully and intelligently approach the following Yoga techniques:
- Asana - Flow (vinyasa), Classical and Restorative techniques. Each pose will be deconstructed so you will have an understanding of the benefits, modifications and common misalignments.
- Pranayama - Learn how to breathe properly, and how to incorporate the breath into a Yoga class and daily life for improved health and wellbeing.
- Meditation - Practice and teach the various methods of meditation and stillness. Each trainee will be encouraged to meditate themselves throughout the course.
Anatomy and physiology
- We will cover functional movement, bones, muscles and joints of the body and how we can apply this to a Yoga class so we have a deeper understanding of what we are teaching and have a more empathetic approach to how our students move.
- You'll be able to identify different body types and shapes and have more of understanding of the 'one size DOES NOT fit all' approach.
- Verbally and visually cue and teach a yoga class.
- Sequence Flow - Vinyasa/Classical and Restorative classes.
- Teach beginners through to Intermediate students.
- Plan and prepare a class.
- Adjust a student safely and confidently.
- Develop and market yourself and your Yoga business
Personal practice and mentoring
- Practice teaching
- Mentoring/goal setting sessions with trainers
Yoga history and philosophy
- Patanjali's 8 Limbs of Yoga
- History of Hatha Yoga.
Sign up now—places are limited and fill up fast
Not quite ready to sign up? Contact us for more information.
The fine print —terms and conditions of cancellations, refunds and certifications
Investment and payment plan.
Early Payment - $3000 (this includes $200 deposit - see below for details)
Full Payment - $3500 (this includes $200 deposit - see below for details)
The 'early bird' payment of $3000, means that the course must be paid in full before 3 months prior to the course, or the payment plan must be started by 10TH NOVEMBER 2017 3 months prior to the course. The payment plan consists of 6 fortnightly payments $466.6
If balance of payment is made after 10TH NOVEMBER 2017 (3 months prior to the course), or the payment plan has started within 3 months of the course (after 10TH NOVEMBER 2017) the course fee will go up to $3,500 (payment plan amount $550 for 6 payments)
ust be received in writing. Deposits will not be refunded.
- If you cancel 4 weeks before the course start date. If paid in full, the amount minus the deposit will be refunded if received 4 weeks before the course date.
- If you cancel within 4 weeks of the course start date or once the course has commenced, no refund is given during the course period.
A qualification and certification will be rewarded only if the following conditions are met:
- The student is successful in passing the examinations (theory and practical).
- The student has a 100% attendance record. If a lecture cannot be attended by a student, the student may be required to make up this time at a later date with a Teacher Trainer at the cost of $100 per hour depending on the lecture (reason for being absent will be taken into consideration).